Monday, December 29, 2014

My experience on public speaking - Renu Rai


Glossophobia or a fear of public speaking is what I have always feared and dreaded. It was in 2006, I made a public speech in front of different nationals. And after 8 years, I was standing in front of a small mass of people, this time all Nepalese and most of them were familiar to me. So, I patted myself saying,'I will just be fine.' And as I talked, I felt better. The initial awkwardness slowly began to fade away. The proverb,"Practice makes a man perfect."certainly implies on peoples' lives. 


Mr. Kindar Rai criticized Mr. Malik Ram's books. I was impressed by his critique because he boldly pointed out writer Malik Ram Rai's strengths and weaknesses. He briefly talked about the various stories and what he thought were appropriate to the contexts.

The author of 3 books Mr. Malik Ram Rai was also called upon on the stage. He talked about how he forcefully ended up writing three books. He humbly denied being a writer but he lures telling the stories around him.

Mr. Netra Thapa was the third speaker who talked about writer Adwiti Haffner Subba's Tamangnee didi. He handed a story handouts for everyone to read. I liked his presentation style and his expression. For a greyhound like me, I have a lot to learn from him.

Veteran journalist Mr. J. B Pun was the fourth speaker. As always I am swayed by his intelligence and his speech. He talked about Rajan Mukarung's Ferindo swondarya, Hetcha Kuppa and Pragati Rai's Lekhahki swahni. He mentioned that like Mr. Mukarung all the writers of different genre have to voice our(jana jati's) sufferings. Mr. Pun also conveyed that he salutes Mr. Mukarung for his struggle and achievement.

The attendees include Tanka Sambahamphe, Bhupendra Chemjong, Santosh Dewan, Manu, Kavita Rai, DB Palungwa, Samar Gurung, Khagendra Yakso, Bajra Thulung, Dipa Ewai, Sharadha Gurung, Niraj Rai, Rabin Rai,w and Rachida Rai who enjoyed co ordinator Mr. Hem Lawati's birthday the most.

1 comment:

  1. In fact, one element like an individual's weight is not the only indicator of overall good health. Likewise, small businesses could benefit from a good checkup too. Successful entrepreneurs think strategically when engaged in a hostile, global environment. go here

    ReplyDelete